We are searching for experienced kitchen managers and souschefs to join our dynamic team. We are serious about organic food, and are looking for people who can be enthusiastic ambassadors of our philosophy.
At BÆST, our chefs are getting an all-round and exciting training into modern sustainable and organic cooking. We make everything from scratch; raw milk cheeses as mozzarella, ricotta, yogurt, mascarpone and more. Charcuterie based on the highest conceivable quality of pork transformed into prosciutto, salamis of all kinds, our famous 'Nduja, guanciale, pancetta, culatello and more. The kitchen is closely connected to the Farm of Ideas where we source most of our vegetables and besides meats of outstanding quality we proudly serve vegetables that are simply cooked but truly remarkable. The kitchen works for both Bæst and Mirabelle the latter being provided with freshly made pasta and simple lunch and brunch dishes.
Finally the pizza needs no introduction as it has been awarded with several world-class titles over the years and is considered amongst the world's finest.
It would be a mistake to think of BÆST as a pizzeria though - we are a restaurant that serves high-end dishes in a laid back and fun environment - we are much more than pizza.
We are looking for some one that has a passion for organic top-shelf produce and that thrive in a busy and energetic environment. The team is young, very international, and with very different levels of experience and backgrounds. English is the spoken language but some Italian might help with certain pronunciations of menu items..;-)
The chefs in the BÆST and Mirabelle kitchens are also serving the dishes at the tables so you will need to be comfortable in communicating with the guests and front of house staff.
Working hours are generally from 11.00 - to 23.00. We are organized with a cleaning company to clean down the kitchen after the shifts so that the cooks can focus on the cooking.
To succeed as a souchef at BÆST, you should have:
- A passion for organic gastronomy and produce
- An independent mindset
- Leadership skills and experience
- A sense of urgency
- The ability to take initiative
- A positive attitude
- A hygienic and professional demeanor
- Organizing the "mise en place" across the kitchen sections
- Run the pass during service and expediting
- Ensuring standards as they have been described
- Making and planning new dishes with the head chefs and Christian F. Puglisi
- Help with sourcing new ingredients
- Be in contact with purveyors
- Track food costs, menu prices and general operations
- Help with prep during the day
- Delivering and describing food and beverages to guests at the table
If this sounds like you and you are able to take responsibility and perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you!