We are searching for an experienced Sommelier to join our team. We are serious about our organic and low-intervention wine profile and we need someone to take it to the next level in line with the cooking philosophy that characterizes the restaurant.
To succeed at BÆST and Mirabelle as a Sommelier you should have:
- A passion for customer service
- An independent mindset and the ability to take initiative
- Leadership skills and experience
- A sense of urgency
- Warm and friendly hospitality
- A positive attitude
- A professional demeanour
- A deep knowledge about wines of low intervention and high quality, particularly from Italian origins.
- Experience in communicating and training staff about wine
- The capability of communicating wine in simple terms for the guests
- A wish to demystify the wonderful wine-world
Our Head Sommelier will be responsible for the wines at both Bæst and Mirabelle, however, this role is dynamic and requires a superstar who is also excited about working the floor and being among the guests.
- create and ensure a wine program in line with the following values in order of priority:
- organic, small producers
- value for money
- low intervention
- balance costing and quality of the wine program while securing the above values
- reduce waste of wine and monitor pouring + waste
- create at BÆST a destination for unique wine and food experiences.
- order wines and do stock takes
- train, inform and inspire staff by:
- arranging tastings in-house and out of the house with staff
- in briefings inform about the wines we have
- connecting with importers
- Work in service
If this sounds like you and you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you!